The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

All Discussions Tagged 'education' (47)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

AI has never been so close

Dear colleagues, As an English teacher, I can not but share with you a brilliant and smart artificial intelligence tool that is going to be…

Started by Leona Hinton

0 Jun 21

Education - On

The question on education is lost in the torrent of information suggested to us. We just cannot get enough of the news. So educators, if we…

Started by Rose Scott

0 Mar 17

Is your school engaging in blended learning?

Dear Colleagues, Over the summer, I have been working with the Clayton Christensen Institute, a non-profit institution conducting research…

Started by Scott Johns

1 Oct 7, 2016
Reply by Leesa Johnson

Free SIS/LMS software for K-12 Schools

Alma recently launched its new SIS/LMS software system for K-12 schools. The platform consolidates school, classroom and information manage…

Started by Rebecca Howard

0 Mar 31, 2014

Classroom management ideas for students with EBD

I have many questions about how I can manage a classroom with students with EBD. The first of many is, what are some classroom management s…

Started by Kirsten Barone

1 Mar 18, 2014
Reply by Teresa Conley

Technology in the Art Room

How can we continue to support creativity while incorporating technology in the art room. http://www.ipadartroom.com/apps-lessons/

Started by Gabrielle Frohock

2 Feb 18, 2014
Reply by Oscar Marin

Importance of Early Education for Your Child.

Once Nelson Mandela said that, Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Only education has the power to…

Started by Lynda Way

4 Dec 1, 2013
Reply by Esra Robinson

New Practice Test Resource for Teachers and Students

Varsity Tutors recently released a free, online assessment system called Varsity Learning Tools. The resource offers over 10,000 assessment…

Started by Rebecca Howard

0 Oct 7, 2013

The David Griffith Live Conversation: Education Policy and Funding

On Wednesday, September 12th, members of the EDU PLN Ning and participants of #Edchat had the opportunity to join David Griffith in a live…

Started by Shelly Terrell

1 Oct 3, 2012
Reply by Dorothy Hastings

Education Business Expert Required by LJ Create in New York

Just a quick post to let you all know that LJ Create, the global STEM education and training resource development company, has a vacancy fo…

Started by Daren Pickering

0 Mar 20, 2012

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Edward Lake replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Thanks Andrea. I just sent you an email."
56 minutes ago
Carolin Stong posted a status
"http://emergencydentalcolumbusohio.com/ Fortunately, TMJ won't last long if you refer it with your personal dentist. Thru a TMJ dentist or T"
6 hours ago
Andrea Ray replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Hi Edward I thought I responded to this a few days after you sent it.  If it happens again and you don't hear from me within 48 hours, please send another message. I have written some definitions down to be sure we're talking about…"
9 hours ago
Edward Lake replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Any thoughts on this Andrea?"
21 hours ago
Profile Iconraja chawdery, Jeff Ravine, Nicky Chandlers and 20 more joined The Educator's PLN
Saturday
Profile IconKingsbury, Elizabeth, Megan Aquilina and 4 more joined The Educator's PLN
Oct 9
Edward Lake replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Nanacy, I agree. I have been using the UbD curriculum model since 2008 and it works great. I know that I tell myself I allow for a constructivist student-centered approach to unit and lesson planning, but the truth is I am a lot more…"
Oct 4
Joe Malto posted a status
Oct 3

Awards And Nominations

© 2017   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service