The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

All Discussions Tagged 'social' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is your main motivation for social networking?

I am reviewing the landscape of professional development tools. It seems Facebook is now the lead when it comes to social networking based…

Started by Or-Tal Kiriati

4 Jan 28, 2017
Reply by Roger Katz

Seeking participants for research on PLN and L2 teacher professional development

Hello, I hope you are all having a great day.  My name is Mika Mokko and I am a fourth year doctoral candidate at Indiana University.  For…

Started by Mika Mokko

0 Jun 19, 2015

Portland, OR: Breakthrough Behavior Management Professional Development Workshop for Teachers and Counselors

Got Problem Kids? Here's your Problem Student Problem-Solver Conference. You name the problems and this workshop delivers hundreds of immed…

Started by Ruth Herman Wells

0 Nov 5, 2014

Seattle, WA: Breakthough Strategies To Reach Troubled Students for Teachers and Principals

Got Problem Kids? Here's your Problem Student Problem-Solver Conference. You name the problems and this workshop delivers hundreds of immed…

Started by Ruth Herman Wells

0 Nov 5, 2014

Educational Resources From Teachers College

Teachers College Columbia University has developed a set of curriculums that educators might find useful as they prepare for the new academ…

Started by George Nantwi

0 Aug 22, 2013

Connected Superintendents Recording & Archive: Live Discussion with Pamela Moran and David Britten

On Wednesday, February 29th, at 9pm EST/ 6pm PST, members of the EDU PLN Ning and participants of #Edchat had the opportunity to join two f…

Started by Shelly Terrell

0 Feb 27, 2012

Terrific Twosome

I have used several tools for connecting students to content, to each other, and to the teacher (me). Zoho looked promising; R Campus was…

Started by Dr. Jacqui Cyrus

5 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by Amanda G.S. Wooley

Need math & social networking resources!

Hi All,I'm conducting a workshop in a few weeks with a group of math teachers who are new to technology integration.  I have some resources…

Started by Tracy Edwards (Lee)

0 Aug 4, 2010

The One Comment Project

In July of 2009, I launched The One Comment A Day Project. My mission was to promote new bloggers and bring comments to existing blogs. I…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

3 Feb 12, 2010
Reply by Andrew Marcinek

Barcamps for Students

I've just agreed to organize a "barcamp" for K-12 students to participate in as a parallel event during BarcampSWFL in Jan 2010. Have any…

Started by Deb Hanson

0 Oct 30, 2009

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Kelly Esford posted a group
Thumbnail

Fifth Grade Teachers

This is a group for educators who teach fifth grade to share ideas, strategies, lessons, and experiences.See More
Friday
Kelly Esford joined Julie Niles Petersen's group
Thumbnail

All About Teaching Reading

This is a group that is all about teaching reading.
Friday
Kelly Esford joined Diane Dahl's group
Thumbnail

Brain Based Teaching

A group of educators interested in maximizing student potential through the use of brain-based teaching techniques. Teach to the way the brain learns best!See More
Friday
Kelly Esford joined Mike Mac Kenzie's group
Thumbnail

Canadian Teachers

A group dedicated to the qualities and challenges of teaching in Canada.
Friday
Colby Dockerty posted a group
Thumbnail

Collaboration at the MS Level

A venue for middle school teachers to discuss strategies, issues, concerns, and beliefs related to collaboration in the classroom. See More
Thursday
Victoria Ekelund joined Nancy Hniedziejko's group
Thumbnail

elemchat

A place to provide elementary school educators a venue for discussing issues and strategies that are specific to teaching in the elementary school context.See More
Wednesday
Edward Cooper posted a blog post

Best Dissertation Topics for IT Students

Information Technology (IT) is the latest trend because this field is expanding in all the other…See More
Aug 8
Edward Cooper updated their profile
Aug 8

Awards And Nominations

© 2018   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service