The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

ISTE 2012 is coming up in mid June. The newest, best thing about attending Education Conferences is the number of connected educators who attend. Attendees get to meet face to face with people they have had a connected relationship with before ever meeting in real life. I would like to use this discussion place to connect with people before the conference even opens. It would be great to let us know if you are attending and how to best follow you. Twitter is my connection method of choice. Follow me at @tomwhitby on Twitter. I will be tweeting details of the event as the conference unfolds. If you are not attending the conference in person, following those who are, is a great way to get a feel for the conference. This is all part of being connected educators. So, to sum up: will you be attending #ISTE12, and what is your Twitter handle? Feel free to add any other comments as well.

Views: 1325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be returning to ISTE!  I know it is going to be amazing! @sjgorman

It's going to be exciting to meet lots of new people, have great conversations, and also have a little fun! :)

I'll be attending ISTE for the first time. I live in San Diego, so if you have any local questions feel free to ask. (Often I even answer.) I'll be presenting on a panel on Tuesday about collaborative writing. The best way to connect is twitter, @JenRoberts1

I'll be attending for the first time.  @kfostertweet  I look forward to following the conference sessions I can't attend.

I will be there (@azjd).  Looking forward to collaborating in person with many from my PLN (and enjoying beautiful San Diego, CA).

I'll be at ISTE for the first time. I'm very excited to learn and meet some of those I follow on Twitter in person!

I'm @bonniebird on Twitter, traveling from Vermont.

Looking forward to attending! @matt_arguello

I will be there and CAN'T WAIT!!! I will have to update my poster session description on here, because it is very out of date.  But if you stop by my booth on Wednesday, I will have some great iPad resources for everyone.  I am @ipadsammy on Twitter if you want to follow, and this will be my FIFTH ISTE IN A ROW!!!

I'll be there as a newbie - all the way from VA!

@auttibs

Looking forward to meeting some of you at ISTE in just a few days! First time ever in California. This girl from Illinois is excited! Contact me via LJWits on Twitter.

Hi,

This is will be my first ISTE too. Really excited! @studypadinc

Joy

Hi Tom, I will be at ISTE2012 and my Twitter handle is: @tina_p I am looking forward to making further connections with the amazing educators at ISTE and to meet up with the friends that I have made over the years!

I am also associated with the Computers in Education Group of South Australia (CEGSA)  - our handle is @CEGSAustralia and we have two hasthtags #cegsapln - for our professional learning network and #cegsa2012 for our annual State conference - please feel free to follow all of us :)

Tom, I also follow you on Twitter and enjoy reading your updates.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

yahaya Abdullahi shared George Danke's discussion on Facebook
Wednesday
Christine Hinkley updated an event

OLC Innovate 2020 at Sheraton Grand Chicago

March 31, 2020 to April 3, 2020
Together we will build new foundations for stronger, better higher education environments. And because innovation scales best when ideas are shared, our work sessions will explore digital technologies and adapted teaching behaviors aimed at informing policy, inspiring leadership, and evolving practice at all levels impacting institutions, universities and colleges.CALL FOR PROPOSALS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 2019. LEARN MORE:…See More
Tuesday
yahaya Abdullahi liked George Danke's discussion Integration with The Latest Technology in Education Field
Aug 28
yahaya Abdullahi posted a status
"still working on the integration of ICT in teaching Biology"
Aug 28
Christine Hinkley posted an event

OLC Innovate 2020 at Sheraton Grand Chicago

March 31, 2020 to April 3, 2020
Together we will build new foundations for stronger, better higher education environments. And because innovation scales best when ideas are shared, our work sessions will explore digital technologies and adapted teaching behaviors aimed at informing policy, inspiring leadership, and evolving practice at all levels impacting institutions, universities and colleges.CALL FOR PROPOSALS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 2019. LEARN MORE:…See More
Aug 19
George Danke posted a discussion

Integration with The Latest Technology in Education Field

It is with certainty that we can say that the future of education is looking very bright. Today the kids are taught so many new innovations that we adults couldn't have imagined learning at school. They are also given exposure to more practical lessons. Integration with the latest technology and the accessibility to global platforms have made the industry take a whole new perspective towards imparting knowledge to students. Though the current generation is much advanced and keep up with the…See More
Jul 25
George Danke replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Hi! I think that exactly AI will have a great impact on feature of Education. Technologies are rapidly developing and soon there will be tools with the help of which the learning process will be faster and more efficient."
Jul 24
George Danke replied to Shanshan Ma's discussion Personalized learning network and social media
"Hi! I agree that this platform it is a nice place for educators.  However, you can find people and education groups in such social medias as Facebook and Twitter which also can help you to find some useful information.  So, I can not…"
Jul 24

© 2019   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service