The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Hello all!

I'm a Social Studies student teacher at the University of Florida. A current assignment is to describe our personal strategy for "bridging the digital divide." That is, what I plan to do to help all students have access to technology, learn how to use it efficiently, and so on, in our future classrooms and schools. Easy enough to answer.

However, part of the assignment is to give examples of what teachers are doing/have done to obtain technology resources in their own classrooms. I was hoping some of you all would share what you have done in increase the technology available to your students, either in your own classrooms or in the school itself.

Thank you!

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A "Georgia Gator" here replying:

Federal grants
Regional Educational Support Agencies
Partnerships with Universities - We are closely connected with the University of Georgia (but Go Gators!)
Special Local Option Sales Taxes approved by voters to be used by school systems
PTO/PTA
Good ole' school fund-raisers
Thank you! This is very helpful. Could you perhaps elaborate how you;ve used these resources specifically?

And of course, go Gators. :)
Link below to University of Georgia Educational Technology Center. Will provide more ASAP.

http://ttc.coe.uga.edu/

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Emily Copeland is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Apr 1
Daniela McVicker and David Chiles are now friends
Mar 31
Kevin Schumacher updated their profile
Mar 30
David Chiles posted a status
"Learning apps for quarantine.…"
Mar 30
Larry Murry is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Mar 30
David Chiles updated their profile
Mar 28
David Chiles posted a video
Mar 28
Profile IconKaren D Honeycutt, Jessica J Lenhart, Erin and 11 more joined The Educator's PLN
Mar 28

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service