The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Can someone point me to a good rationale for allowing YouTube for students?

Our tech dept. has recently added additional Internet bandwidth which can help us accommodate more video traffic. Before allowing student access to YouTube we want to make sure we have a clear rationale and that we process the decision with the appropriate people (administrative team, faculty, etc).

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's been about 35 years, so i thought it was time to check in with 2 of my dearest, lost friends- judy (posen) gressel, and her irascible husband, arthur. yes, this is steve garrett, former belmont, mass. roommate with y'all, when arthur and i were toiling for arthur andersen and you were converting to judaism (sp?) back in the early '70s. i've been living in tampa fla for the past 20 years, have been married for 28, and have 2 mid-30's step- boys.
would LOVE to hear from you both- i am a social network refusenik, so there is no steve garrett facebook, myspace, etc.
my email is sgarrett@tampaprep.org.
hope that y'all are in good health, coherent and otherwise good, productive midwest citizens
Our system does not block YouTube for most of the good reasons given here. I use it in class, students use it extensively. YouTube videos a attached to Google Earth and facilitate research. I could go on. My students upload their own YouTube videos and embed them in their wikispaces.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

David Chiles posted a status
"Friends, networkers, developing my own online courses. Feel free to any online resources for lesson plans. Thanks"
May 16
Hos-Na Salehi and David Chiles are now friends
May 4
David Chiles posted a status
"Issues with online learning exist. AI test taking is creepy to students. Read more https://bit.ly/2zchfJW"
May 4
Hos-Na Salehi is now friends with alexpipo1985@yahoo.com and Erline Sherman
May 2
Erline Sherman updated their profile
Apr 30
Profile IconLizzy Cole, Emily Collins and Alaina LaManna joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 30
Profile IconErline Sherman, stacy doyon, Faraz Hussain and 30 more joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 28
Diana Martinez liked Thomas Whitby's video
Apr 26

Events

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service