The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Can someone point me to a good rationale for allowing YouTube for students?

Our tech dept. has recently added additional Internet bandwidth which can help us accommodate more video traffic. Before allowing student access to YouTube we want to make sure we have a clear rationale and that we process the decision with the appropriate people (administrative team, faculty, etc).

Views: 417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's been about 35 years, so i thought it was time to check in with 2 of my dearest, lost friends- judy (posen) gressel, and her irascible husband, arthur. yes, this is steve garrett, former belmont, mass. roommate with y'all, when arthur and i were toiling for arthur andersen and you were converting to judaism (sp?) back in the early '70s. i've been living in tampa fla for the past 20 years, have been married for 28, and have 2 mid-30's step- boys.
would LOVE to hear from you both- i am a social network refusenik, so there is no steve garrett facebook, myspace, etc.
my email is sgarrett@tampaprep.org.
hope that y'all are in good health, coherent and otherwise good, productive midwest citizens
Our system does not block YouTube for most of the good reasons given here. I use it in class, students use it extensively. YouTube videos a attached to Google Earth and facilitate research. I could go on. My students upload their own YouTube videos and embed them in their wikispaces.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Shawn Mitchell replied to Rob Schoonveld's discussion Twitter vs Edupln
"My preference is this website is best. Twitter is used for social purpose and EDUPLN is used for professional discussion which you cannot discuss on social platforms."
6 hours ago
Shawn Mitchell replied to Shanshan Ma's discussion Personalized learning network and social media
"Hi, There are too many platforms of social media and the member of those platform discuss so many things and participate. So it depends only on you where do you want to discuss."
6 hours ago
Shawn Mitchell replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Now a days AI is best technology to learn because it is the future."
Monday
Joe Silva updated their profile
Monday
Profile IconStuart Jones, Sarah Kiefer, Corina Gamez and 5 more joined The Educator's PLN
Sunday
Vivi Hamilou updated their profile
Mar 20
Vivi Hamilou posted a blog post

We’ve got news for you!

EfxeiNewsPoli, Issue 1, Primary School of Efxeinoupoli, Greece“We’ve got news for you” is the title of the eTwinning project we are involved in this year with the 4th, 5th and 6th learners of the …See More
Mar 20
andy mellor updated their profile
Feb 17

Events

© 2021   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service