The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Colleagues,

I'm thinking about inviting some of my students (both secondary and graduate) to make electronic portfolios displaying their work. Secondary students will present their work for the year or semester and graduate students will create a professional teaching portfolio. Toward this end I have a few questions that I would like to pose to you, and here they are:

1. Have you ever made or invited your students to create an electronic portfolio?

2. If so, would you mind explaining what you asked your students to do?

3. What elements should be contained in an electronic portfolio?

4. What web tool or tools were used to make the electronic or digital portfolio?

5. What is an ideal web-based platform to include the artifacts for an electronic portfolio?

6. Would Glogster serve as such a platform?

Thank you so much.

Richard

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On my Wordpress Blog I included a traditional resume page and an anti resume page based on my district's teacher assessment rubric. I incorporate links to other documents in both.

I have been doing digital portfolios with elementary students for three years. This year's template guides students on expectations. The results are of mixed success. The portfolios have been on a wikispace platform and students embed any number of cloud applications on their pages. Ashley's Portfolio is a fairly good example. 

Alan,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I will check out the urls you have shared.

Best wishes,

Richard

Alan,

Excellent examples of digital portfolios! Well done!

RDs

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Norma-Jean Nielsen replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Thank you Shawn for your insights. My EdD research (2018) around professional development of college teachers in rural locations (in Ontario, Canada) indicated that agency and institutional support were key factors in active professional…"
Jan 13
Shawn Mitchell replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Professional Development: A Quality of a Great Teacher Without concrete development, we cannot have the positive impact a person can make in society. A person who is sixteen or eighteen can have more intelligence than a thirty-year-old. But the same…"
Jan 13
Shawn Mitchell replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Professional Development: A Quality of a Great Teacher Without concrete development, we cannot have the positive impact a person can make in society. A person who is sixteen or eighteen can have more intelligence than a thirty-year-old. But the same…"
Jan 13
Shawn Mitchell replied to Joel Josephson's discussion Live concert for schools - International European education project
"Reading through the brochure you have posted here gives me a great set of emotions regarding your thoughts. The culture of music is longer than we can imagine and every country in the world has a set of the top musicians for their crowd and public.…"
Jan 12
Debra Lynn Holcomb-Williams updated their profile
Jan 5
Louise Grady updated their profile
Jan 4
Steve Brandidge updated their profile
Dec 29, 2021
Heidi Dayne Hanson updated their profile
Nov 28, 2021

Events

© 2022   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service