The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

I created a global blogging project this summer called Globablog.  It is an absolutely free project that revolves around middle school students using blogging as a means to connect globally and includes great tutorials and explanations every step of the way. 

Here is a blurb from the website,

"At the heart, a global learning project connects 2 classrooms from different countries and cultures in one collaborative learning experience.  In Globablog, middle school classes from around the world are encouraged to join in through blogging.  Students will write individual blog posts about the same topics ultimately describing their own unique perspectives.  From there, students will connect on a global level with other participating students by commenting and having conversations about their work.  In the end, students will work together to solve a problem in a collaborative online environment.  What is global learning? Check out Globablog.com and see for yourself!"

There is still time to join the project!  If you would like your class to participate, it is okay if you don't follow the calendar exactly.  Please message me if you are interested or have any questions!

Katie

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Katie, I´m a Medical Translator and an English Teacher here in Costa Rica.  Last week my students finished a blogging project.  The project involved the creation of a blog by each one of them.  I´m interested in your project and I would like to know a little bit more to see if we can join the project.  My email:  claveazul31@yahoo.com, and my Google site:

https://sites.google.com/site/opentoolbox31

Marisol

Wonderful Marisol!  I will email you shortly.  

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

David Chiles posted a status
"Friends, networkers, developing my own online courses. Feel free to any online resources for lesson plans. Thanks"
May 16
Hos-Na Salehi and David Chiles are now friends
May 4
David Chiles posted a status
"Issues with online learning exist. AI test taking is creepy to students. Read more https://bit.ly/2zchfJW"
May 4
Hos-Na Salehi is now friends with alexpipo1985@yahoo.com and Erline Sherman
May 2
Erline Sherman updated their profile
Apr 30
Profile IconLizzy Cole, Emily Collins and Alaina LaManna joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 30
Profile IconErline Sherman, stacy doyon, Faraz Hussain and 30 more joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 28
Diana Martinez liked Thomas Whitby's video
Apr 26

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service