The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

I am looking for ways to connect my grade 6 class with 'the world' or just another class outside our community. Whether it is sharing our writing through our classroom wiki with another class, or . . . I am quite open to suggestions.  In Social Studies we are studying Canada's role in the world and the importance of trade.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My sixth grade students are not studying that concept at the moment, though they will. I would be pleased to connect with your class is in some manner. We Skype (wikistange), Google Doc, wikispace, email, VoiceThread, and whatever you might suggest. Please contact me if you are interested in developing something.

Sunningdale School

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Deanna,

We're a little bit younger than you, a class of fourth graders, but we also are interested in connecting with other classes.  As Alan mentioned, VoiceThread, Google Docs are great ways.  We also keep a class blog and have an "e-meet" section where we get to know other classes and write back and forth.

You're more than welcome to check it out, write to us, or let me know what your thoughts are. :)

Shawn Avery

Dennett Elementary

Plympton, Massachusetts

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Lynda Way posted a status
"Have A Spooky and Safe Halloween. http://j.mp/1vnEzFB"
4 hours ago
Rick Jones updated their profile
yesterday
Paul Chick updated their profile
Wednesday
Paul Chick and Mrs. Janet Hayson are now friends
Wednesday
Profile IconRosa Martinelli, Jamie laBree, Emily Cirullo and 83 more joined The Educator's PLN
Tuesday
Lane Braun joined Kaitlyn Martin's group
Thumbnail

Middle School Language Arts

Discussion about ideas for incorporating technology into lesson plans and focusing on the growth of life-long learners.
Tuesday
Thomas Whitby's blog post was featured

Stop 20th Century Thinking

In the 21st Century our approach to education can and should be very different from previous centuries. The basic skills we teach are pretty much the same, but the tools we have to use require a different approach, as well as additional and very different literacies from centuries past. Information once difficult to find, maintain, and disseminate is now found by a voice command to a mobile device. The model of the teacher as the content expert standing in the front of the room, lecturing to…See More
Tuesday
Thomas Whitby posted a blog post

Stop 20th Century Thinking

In the 21st Century our approach to education can and should be very different from previous centuries. The basic skills we teach are pretty much the same, but the tools we have to use require a different approach, as well as additional and very different literacies from centuries past. Information once difficult to find, maintain, and disseminate is now found by a voice command to a mobile device. The model of the teacher as the content expert standing in the front of the room, lecturing to…See More
Tuesday

Awards And Nominations

© 2014   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service