The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Infographic: The Facts About Teacher Morale and Retention

Studies suggest that teacher morale has a serious impact on student performance—schools where teachers are more satisfied with working conditions have higher achievement.

To demonstrate the connection between teacher engagement and retention—and how to boost teacher satisfaction—Alma, a free SIS/LMS platform for K-12 schools, recently release an infographic on the subject.

View the full infographic here: http://blog.getalma.com/teacher-morale-infographic

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best part depicted was the turn over and turn around study as mentioned in the header of the infographic. Teachers do make a hell lot of effort to get the best concept into the minds of students. Although the turnover may be less for them but their turn around time is really good. The outcome note discussed at the end of infographic is also pretty well explained with making ease for their work loads and creating a better working environment for them.

Nice infographic! I agree with more than any is the importance of responsibility for innovation. Your suggestions/advice for improving teacher confidence/self-esteem. I have found many new teachers to be struggling (work-load) they are not provided with the materials that they need for their students to learn, and for them to teach. But apply teachers to collaborate works about as well as forcing students to learn. Often new teachers are overloaded with difficult behavior problems, by their fellow teachers/Educators.  

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Tata Nech posted a discussion

Hey People

What blogs do you like and why? See More
18 hours ago
Tata Nech posted a blog post

Best Developing Games for Early Education

It is possible and necessary to develop the baby from the very first days of life. The simplest games with objects that are found in every house will help the crumb to get the first knowledge of the new world that surrounds it.DO AS I DOThe mother's face is the most interesting object for observation, at least during the first two months of the child's life. Take the…See More
19 hours ago
Rachael Pawlik posted a status
yesterday
Marguerite T. Brode posted a blog post

How to choose profession?

At some point or another, each individual needs to pick or change profession. In youth it is anything but easy to be mixed up, and the committed error can be uneasy to remedy. Above all else, it merits figuring out what put in life you dole out proficient action right now and how this circumstance can change throughout the years. In current conditions there isn’t just an enormous selection of claims to fame.The basics of choosing profession are laid back at school, when the exercises uncover…See More
yesterday
Jeffrey R. Ellis posted a blog post

How employment is related to your coursework examples

When fresh out of college, chances are you have little to no work experience, which means your resume may look incomplete to some extent. To make it worse, questions like "what is your past work experience?" seems to be a common pertinent step in all job interviews. Although you may have…See More
Tuesday
Louise Grady updated their profile
Monday
Shanshan Ma posted a discussion

Personalized learning network and social media

Hi All, My name is Shanshan Ma, I'm currently a doctoral student at University of North Texas. Nice to meet you all. This platform looks great, many future events could be found. Thanks for sharing. But a questions crossed my mind, how would you see the impact of social media such as Facebook, Twitter on those personal learning networks? Would you believe that members would actively participant in some discussions on social media other than the discussions here??See More
Monday
Shanshan Ma liked Ruth Herman Wells's event Portland, OR: Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and Struggling Youth
Monday

Awards And Nominations

© 2018   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service