The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

I'm trying to compile a reading list. Looking for 'getting started' or '1st years in teaching' sort of books as well as 'classics'. I'm a secondary english preservice teacher, so anything specific to that would be appreciated :)

Views: 1953

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A simliar discussion going on at the Edutopia.org New Teacher Connection Group. You may want to glance over this list as well! http://www.edutopia.org/groups/new-teacher-connections/52655

Cheers!

Teacher Man by Frank McCort, Angela's Ashes, author, about his time as a teacher in NY City. Different take on teaching that is very realistic. Enjoy.
Love and Logic by Fay and Funk.  The Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer.
Reading with Meaning by Debbie Miller

Teach Like a Champion by Doug Lemov is a great book for any grade.

I read Teacher Man by Frank McCort after my first year of teaching and I would highly recommend it. I could totally relate to the book and it made me laugh.

I think that all teachers would find useful information on technology in education ( the why and the how to) in Will Richardson's book Blogs, Wikis and Podcasts 2010 3rd edition. The emphasis is on forming connections to stay current.   His newer book, Personal Learning Networks (2011), co-written with Rob Mancabelli  is also very informative, but not as much of a how to.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Emily Copeland is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Apr 1
Daniela McVicker and David Chiles are now friends
Mar 31
Kevin Schumacher updated their profile
Mar 30
David Chiles posted a status
"Learning apps for quarantine.…"
Mar 30
Larry Murry is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Mar 30
David Chiles updated their profile
Mar 28
David Chiles posted a video
Mar 28
Profile IconKaren D Honeycutt, Jessica J Lenhart, Erin and 11 more joined The Educator's PLN
Mar 28

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service