The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Where does your school stand when it comes to technology availability for your students?

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As we look into the upcoming school year, I question whether or not the focus of the high school's computer and technology education courses are preparing our students for the workforce. Should we as educators expect our students to acquire more programming language and more engineering software in technology education courses? Is robotic education the way to go?

These are some questions that need to be considered.....

In the elementary school that I work in, we are VERY limited to the availability of technology.  Our 185 students have to share around 80 laptops and chromebooks.  And when we do get to use them, it is for a short period of time.

Besides the library and the smart boards in each class, the school I am at doesn't provide much access to technology nor does it offer creative ways to use it.

I don't think robotic education is it, but I also do notice that with my middle school and high school students, they are already sometimes so overwhelmed with staring at a screen that when my CT shows a video or uses the board for something other than displaying student notes, the students take it as an opportunity to use the bathroom, leave the room or drift off into space and onto their cell phones.

Technology can be a tool. Application of fundamental knowledge to enhance something. Technology has advanced to great steps that pierced us all we really need to upgrade to direct the youth of today are native technological. if students are going to understand to use the tools, we need to a framework for them the same way we use model/representation creative art, reading, writing, & math skills.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Michael Yarbrough posted a discussion

Why Students Plagiarize?

Plagiarism is a theft. It means that you stole someone's identity, someone's thoughts. It's horrible. We should teach our young generation not to be thieves and avoid plagiarism.             But theft it's not the biggest problem. As educator and psychologist I did a range of anonymous tests and I found that the most common reason of plagiarizing is fear.Yes, fear.Fear of being incorrect.Fear of being not accepted in college or university.Fear to show their own feelings and personal…See More
10 hours ago
John Braswell posted a blog post

Primary Inclusions in PALS Class

Essay about How Critical Can Pediatric Emergencies Get? Pediatric emergencies are related to health emergencies suffered by children. Like health emergencies faced by adults, even children are prone to suffering sudden attacks and arrests that can cause dramatic mental and physical trauma in them. Not many people believe that children as young as 4 to 5 years can face cardiac attests or, depression in their central…See More
yesterday
Edward Lake is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Sunday
Profile IconMiriam Green and Anna Warren joined The Educator's PLN
Saturday
John Braswell posted a blog post

Microsoft 70 693 Certification For Fulfilling Your Dreams

Among all the certification courses that are available in the market, Microsoft 70 693 is one of the best options for you to consider in this regard. Microsoft 70 693 certification examination is an excellent course because it can add some…See More
Saturday
David Chiles posted a status
"Resources For Educators To Use In The Wake Of Charlottesville https://n.pr/2uCnsLL"
Friday
Anna Warren updated their profile
Friday
Profile IconMegan Holley and Liz Sanderson joined The Educator's PLN
Thursday

Awards And Nominations

© 2017   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service