The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

I have used several tools for connecting students to content, to each other, and to the teacher (me). Zoho looked promising; R Campus was intriguing, and MOODLE offered the flexibility that I needed. So, I am willing to use this terrific twosome this summer with my assistive technology course students.

What have been your experiences with this tool?

Teacher Resource — 8 Social Media Sites Just for Kids | MindShift:

Tags: DropBox, DropItTo.me, media, social, terrific, twosome

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi:

Here is the original Tweet with the URL:

teacherchallenge.edublogs.org
This is the 17th post in the “30 days to using the best of the web’s free tools for
educators” series. Be sure to subscribe to the Teacher Challenge BLOG.
-j-
I certainly utilize DropBox and like the ease of use.  I recruited a few people and increased my free storage space.  I've yet to try DropItTo.me, but it's on my to-do list.

I have only used Zoho and Moodle in recent years.  Check out my novice-review on Zoho below:  Zoho Review in Tech Tool Talk  I used Zoho to collaborate with grad-school classmates as it is much like the Microsoft Office Suite that I have on my school-issued laptop.  It was web-based, but interchangeable.  Admittedly, I prefer Google docs over Zoho.  

As for MOODLE, I have used it as a student, but not as an instructor/teacher.  It is user-friendly and I'm much happier with it than I am  with some of the other class/course-management programs that I've experienced.

Jacqui,

Why not try Google apps or a wiki- and let them contribute :)

Moodle has a wiki of its own - but why not introduce them to eduwiki or pbwiki...

I use Google docs/apps a lot, but was unaware that Moodle has a wiki, so I'll have to try that one day. Thanks for sharing that, Maranca. Amanda

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Shari Duddy liked Tess Pajaron's blog post Comedy in the Classroom: 50 Ways to Bring Laughter Into Any Lesson
2 hours ago
Shari Duddy posted a blog post

How to Teach Girls

It is understood that the genders have some key psychological differences which affect the ways boys and girls think, behave and communicate. These differences are evident in various settings such as school, the playground and at home. Boys and girls even tend to play different games and relate to one another quite…See More
2 hours ago
Scott Rocco posted a status
"NEW POST: The 3 C’s of Educational Leadership http://wp.me/p2DvGR-4a #k12 #edadmin #satchat #edchat #leadership"
14 hours ago
Profile IconAmber Baines, Adam Twa, Sharee Cloud and 5 more joined The Educator's PLN
Friday
David Chiles posted a status
"Courtesy and kindness cultivate confidence with good Netiquette. Doing things right makes you feel good. http://www.NetworkEtiquette.net"
Friday
Thomas Whitby posted a video

Learning the Physics of Skateboarding Engages Kids in Science

Skate veteran and educator Bill Robertson, also known as "Dr. Skateboard," teaches students who might have otherwise fallen through the cracks about speed, v...
Friday
Patricia Taussig liked Patricia Taussig's status
Thursday
Lisa Michelle Dabbs commented on Lisa Michelle Dabbs's group The New Teacher Mentoring Project
"Update! I've created a class on @RemindHQ for New Teacher Chat! Please share with those that you know will benefit!"
Thursday

Awards And Nominations

© 2014   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service