The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

As we look forward to next year, we are trying to see if we can "change the way we do business" in terms of our schedule to determine if we can better use our resources.  If any of you are willing to share a copy of your schedule I would appreciate it.

Our school is grades 5 - 8 with between 85 and 105 students in a grade level. 

You can attach the file here or you can email it to me if you are willing - mrubright@lebtwpk8.org

Thanks for your help.

Views: 109

Replies to This Discussion

I'm also in a 5-8 building except there are about 50 students per grade. The building was built and is structured as a 5/6 & 7/8 hallway setting. The 5/6 teachers and students rotate through a schedule and the 7/8 students follow the same pattern in their hallway.

The only teacher that teaches in both hallways is the music and band along with a 7/8 teacher who also teaches a 5/6 PE class.

Hope this helps and if you have questions just let me know.

Attachments:
Thanks for the info, Josh!

Michael,

We have some real scheduling challenges coming up this year due to losing programs and personnel through budget cuts.  I haven't gotten it all together yet...but one thing that I am going to do is have each grade level schedule 30-45 minutes of their day for differention.  Our 5th grade did this this year and it was successful.  During their block, students went to intervention in labs, special education classes, GT pullout, or worked with one of the teachers on something that was a struggle.  One thing that we really liked about it was that students who had to be pulled out of class for special ed or GT anyway..didn't lose any of their class time.  I'm thinking our other grade levels will only do 30 minutes and it will be timed throughout the day.  Kimberly

How many teachers do you have in each grade level?
We have 2 in K-1, and 3 at all other levels

Hi, Michael -

I e-mailed you some schedules.  We are quite different - we have a greater range in grades but fewer students per grade.  Our total school community is almost 700. 

I really like the differentiation block that Kimberly talked about.  We have a 'common block'.  Our next step is to use it more for releasing students to work where they need to work - and with the students or teacher they need to be with. 

Great time of year!

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Teresa Conley posted a status
"Good Morning! Hope you all have a wonderful day!"
Sep 20
Teresa Conley posted a status
"Hello all! It's been several years since I have been here but I am back and am looking forward to some professional interaction."
Sep 18
Joe Silva updated their profile
Aug 30
Agnes Mckenna updated their profile
Aug 30
Miles Brandon updated their profile
Aug 30
Robin Wilkins posted a status
"What are you up to?"
Apr 27
Robin Wilkins updated their profile
Apr 22
Robin Wilkins posted an event

Educators perception on student engagement and professional development needs at Virtual time and date to be mutually agreed upon

April 22, 2022 to May 13, 2022
Student Researcher looking for educators interested in participating in an interview and focus group.Share your perceptions. See flyer for detailsRobin_Wilkins_RecruitmentFlyer032822.docxSee More
Apr 22

Events

© 2022   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service