The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Use this discussion forum to give us a link to your blog and what the main focus of your blog is. You can also add what you teach and where you teach so others who share a common role can connect with you!

Tags: PLN, blogs, networking

Views: 386

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Mark McGuire and I blog at markmcguire.net

This is a WordPress blog that I redirected to a domain name that I purchased. I wanted a shorter blog address and one that served as the home base of my online presence. I have authored several blogs to support courses that I teach (most in WordPress), but this is my first personal blog. I decided to focus on my teaching and research interests - education, media, and design. It doesn't have much of a history yet, but I am trying to stay focussed and to keep my posts short, with links to the sites and stories that I discuss. I am also trying to use photos (with a Creative Commons license) to illustrate the posts.

Mark
I am a curriculum technologist in a PK-5 elementary school in Texas. I do all things technology related on my campus, but my passion is incorporating technology into the curriculum.
http://marsid.edublogs.org
I work in a middle school integrating 21st century skills, STEM initatives, Project Based Learning, and NETS standards with the core curriulum facilitating 980 students and 60 teachers. Along with presenting at conferences and inservices I author both a 21 century education Blog and Wiki. My twitter handle is @mjgormans The blog covers current topcs and Wiki has a lot of resources.
Wiki - www.21centuryedtech.wikispaces.com
Blog - www.21centuryedtech.wordpress.com
My blog can be found at http://blog.sharpsav.com

I am a former High School Social Studies teacher and am currently an Education Consultant for an audio-visual company. My blog is a combination of tips, tricks, reflections and ideas regarding technology in education.
I am a first-year teacher of developmental reading in Republic, Missouri. I am writing about my first year every week at www.MooreOnThePage.com
I teach middle school Language Arts and have been a teacher for about 14 years now (give or take a few...I lose count easily). For much of that time, I have been a traditional teacher. But this past year I have been exposed to so many new learning theories, strategies and methodalities (maybe not a word but it rhymes), that I have been going through a major overhaul. My blog focuses on that tranisition, from old school to new school. I typically write about lessons I use and new strategies and technologies I experiment with. I'm not a big thinker, I am a front-line teacher, so much of what I write about is how to teach the kids in front of me now.

www.teacherintransition.wordpress.com
Hi Heather
I enjoyed looking through your blog. I am going through this list looking for examples of people using their blogs in a similar way to how I am attempting to blog with my classes. Your post on 'Sticky Notes Bonanza' is similar to the approach I am trying to use, i.e rich visual resources with prompts to promote cognitive development!
Russell
http://classroomblogboard.com/home/
As a newbie to web 2.0, I set up my first 'practice blog' at Blogger, at the suggestion of the Learning 2.0 website. My blog is a descriptive journey of my journey in 'learning how to blog". It can be found at: http://jjfreo.blogspot.com/ .
My intention is with time, that it will be a stand alone, very simply described yet interesting 'How to learn about Web 2.0 for absolute novices'.
It still needs a lot of work, but I am having an extraordinary amount of fun with it, thus affirming how useful it would be for students not only to learn about the web 2.0 world, but to improve their own thinking, writing, and goal setting skills!
My blog is called Kalinago English and it's aimed at teachers in ELT - specifically those interested in integrating technology and promoting speaking skills in the language classroom.

I generally blog on the following topics...

*Teaching issues related to ELT (Methodology, teacher-training, conferences and workshops I give or attend, news and information, She-in-ELT)

*Lesson plans: ideas and tips and .pdfs

*Technology attitudes and tips for lessons in ESL/EFL

*Social Media: twitter, blogging etc

Thanks for starting off this discussion Mary Beth

Karenne
I have many blogs relating to students. All students in grade 6/7 are linked to the middle school blog, my class blog, a blog for students who want an international audience and a blog for student blogging challenge. This last blog has only been set up this year ready for the challenge starting in March.

I am a nearly retired teacher introducing Web 2.0 to students in grades 6/7/8 and to other teachers at my school.
I am a K teacher as well as a tutor for 4th-12th graders who struggle with all kinds of issues from ADHD, Asperger's to other learning difficulties. I blog at http://allkidscanflourish.blogspot.com where I talk about a range of topics all relating to bringing out the strengths and helping kids find the passions and interests that will inevitably lead to their success. I recently started another blog where I anonymously look at how some of the practices in schools, ( particularly my school) seem to run counter to the goals of inclusion. I am struggling with how to be an advocate and a voice for all kids without losing my job! I welcome any advice or stories regarding how to authentically question practices without compromising employment. Thanks!
I teach grades 5/4 French Immersion and I occasionally blog @ alilbull.edublogs.org My students are also there, learning how to be courteous web 2.0 users. Our NETS goal for the school is responsible digital citizenship, so I think direct practice is a good way to learn web etiquette.

If anyone has suggestions to make life easier in a split (teaching separate science curricula) I would love to hear from you.
Alison

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Alfredo George posted blog posts
10 hours ago
Alfredo George posted a status
12 hours ago
Alfredo George posted a status
12 hours ago
John Marsh posted a blog post

7 Ways to Motivate Students to Learn Math

Motivating students in math is one of the challenging tasks for many of the parents and teachers. Student’s engagement is the key of learning math and math engagement comes from motivation. This article will explore many learning techniques to parents and teachers which allow them to encourage students to get excited about math learning. Many students hate math because they have the feeling that math is a hard subject. Below you can find 7 guaranteed ways which will help students to motivate to…See More
17 hours ago
Brooke Martin and Mrs. Janet Hayson are now friends
yesterday
fifacoinhuiy li posted a blog post

the Portuguese fifa coins will be looking

Carlo Ancelotti has fired a warning shot to Real Madrid's rivals, claiming they are even stronger than they were last season ahead of Saturday's La Liga test at Levante. The reigning European champions lost two of their opening three league matches, but have put their slow start firmly behind them, winning their last six consecutive matches in all competitions.Cristiano Ronaldo is La Liga's top scorer with 13 goals, and the Portuguese fifa coins will be…See More
yesterday
V_M updated their profile
yesterday
David Chiles posted a status
"Establish accounts in the principles areas of electronic communication. Internet, email, etc... www.NetworkEtiquette.net"
yesterday

Awards And Nominations

© 2014   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service