The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

What I really do like about diigo are its social features and the highlighting functionality. - However, I would love to see a "characters countdown" in the bookmarklet window like there is one in delicious - I know diigo offers a maximum of 2000 characters (twice as many as delicious), but still I would like to see how many notes I can jot down for a website... - Nevertheless, I've wanted to switch from delicious three times now, but failed to import my tags into diigo on all three occasions. With a halfway consistently tagged collection of 5000 bookmarks, this frustrating experience doesn't draw me any nearer to the potentially better service. Finally, what really puts me off is that you have to log in to diigo to see a group's bookmarks. - If you know how to solve these problems, please let me know!

Views: 681

Replies to This Discussion

You may find the following interesting
http://borderland.northernattitude.org/2008/03/29/migrating-delicio...

I'm not sure whether this can be viewed unless you are a member: http://multiliteracies.ning.com/group/multiliteraciesdiigogroup

I had no problem importing the bookmarks from Delicious (I used the browser option) However, my IE 7 crashed at least 8 times on one day and the error was caused by the Diigo bar. The Delicious bar used to cause an error when closing IE7, but it was just a minor nuisance. On the other hand, having to start all over again in the middle of reading or writing is much more annoying.
Sth else I've noticed is that the tags suggested by Diigo when bookmarking a new site are extremely limited, and often restricted to words in the title. Could that be because I have not tagged enough (but I did import my tags from Delidious) or because not enough people have, or sth else?
I just had to update that I've become a Diigo convert. Love, love, love it! I have it set up where every diigo bookmark I add is automatically updated to my Delicious account. I actually find Diigo easier to bookmark things on my phone, though I don't like the Diigo iPhone app. I just go through the phone web function.

I just today added the Diigo toolbar to my home computer. I've played around with the highlighting tool a bit. What are your favorite annotating tools in Diigo?
I really like the Diigo Toolbar that I installed on my home computer. It makes it so much easier to bookmark pages. The Toolbar also contains a highlighting icon.

Hi :) I agree. Diigo makes bookmarking and sharing images you capture a lot easier. I found out about Diigo through my EDU 422 Tech class and I am enjoying it. It's a great collaborative tool for students and peers.

I hope this may help you: http://groups.diigo.com/group/Diigo_HQ/content/import-from-deliciou...

It seems that you're not alone :)

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Kristin Savage posted a blog post

Learn a Foreign Language on Your Own with These Tips

Learning a foreign is a very complex process. And, it becomes even more difficult if you want to learn it by yourself. When you go to classes and have a trainer to teach you that language in various lessons, things are quite easy. However, if you decide to do it by yourself, you should be prepared not only for finding the ambition to keep learning that language, but also for a lot of work to prepare the right materials.You will need to be very organized and do extensive research to prepare your…See More
2 hours ago
Abdullah Al arifin posted a blog post
yesterday
Paul Steurnagel is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Saturday
Profile IconMary Howlette, Jacque Yaneff, Jocelyn Fischer and 3 more joined The Educator's PLN
Jul 16
Profile IconMarian Consumano, Kevin Schumacher, Kim Campbell and 5 more joined The Educator's PLN
Jul 13
Thomas Whitby's video was featured

Can Serendipity be Designed? | Jamie Littlefield | TEDxSaltLakeCity

Serendipitous design happens when we intentionally create the environment for happy accidents in our yards, neighborhoods, and cities. Instructional designer...
Jul 13
Thomas Whitby posted a video

Can Serendipity be Designed? | Jamie Littlefield | TEDxSaltLakeCity

Serendipitous design happens when we intentionally create the environment for happy accidents in our yards, neighborhoods, and cities. Instructional designer...
Jul 13
Sara luck replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Obviously, the future of education is very bright. New technologies like E-commerce learning, educational apps, and educational software are not just changing the mind of students, they are also encouraging them to do something new in…"
Jul 12

Awards And Nominations

© 2018   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service