The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

All Discussions Tagged 'math' (2)

← Back to Math Teachers
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using Technology to Support Students From Home

I teach Math 8 and I'm doing an inquiry on how providing increased options for at-home support will affect my students' competence and conf…

Started by Laura Spindlove

1 Nov 26, 2011
Reply by Brian Arnot

GET THE MATH? Three online tutorials my eighth and ninth graders tried out & reflected on in collaborative groups...

http://www.thirteen.org/get-the-math/   My eighth graders were done with practice and problems from the text.  We had ran races to then cal…

Started by Snydersensei

1 Nov 21, 2011
Reply by Brian Arnot

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Rob Schoonveld commented on Thomas Whitby's video
Thumbnail

Why teachers should user Twitter

"24 hour availability for networking with other educators and tapping into their knowledge is in fact today's PLN. Back in the day I would not have made it without the email list serve at NGSS and other teachers sharing experiments and materials…"
18 hours ago
Rob Schoonveld commented on Thomas Whitby's video
Thumbnail

Alfie Kohn on Oprah

"It is almost a plug for PBIS instruction and social emotional instruction. Teach the behavior you desire. Takes more time but s worth it!"
18 hours ago
Profile IconLawrence Buck and Marian Ashton joined The Educator's PLN
21 hours ago
Michael Yarbrough posted a blog post

How to Keep Up the Fire of Your Students’ Creativity

We all know that the left hemisphere of the human brain is responsible for logical thinking while the right hemisphere is the center of abstract thinking and creative ideas. It’s no wonder then when I give a creative assignment to my students, some of them are reluctant to perform it while others are very open to explore something…See More
yesterday
Rob Schoonveld posted videos
yesterday
Rob Schoonveld commented on Rob Schoonveld's video
Thumbnail

What is Powtoon - Find out what Powtoon is and what it can b

"Used this for my students' digital porfolios. Easy, visually appealing. A step above power points or google slides. Work your way up the SAMR ladder by adding this tool to your classroom toolbox."
yesterday
Michael Yarbrough commented on Eileen Lennon's blog post How do you stay motivated?
"We also use blogging as a learning tool. It helps my students to develop their writing skills, improve their self-confidence and grow as digital citizens."
yesterday
Michael Yarbrough liked Eileen Lennon's blog post How do you stay motivated?
yesterday

Awards And Nominations

© 2017   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service