The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

So i just found out that i am all set to go for student teaching in the spring. Middle School first session, High School second session. this is becoming all to real now. I feeling very nervous yet excited at the same time.

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

Jessica

I taught for 32 years in Middle Schools in one of the toughest area of New York City (grades 6-9). Please do not hesitate to call on me for help.

Student Teaching

Middle Schools
Thank you i really appreciate it. I don't think that the school that i will be in is that bad but it's nice to know that i can ask you for help
I think its good they put us in the middle school first...those kids are a little less critical/cynical, lol. i think the high schoolers are going to be more challenging!!!
Bonnie i feel the same way. I think that being placed in the middle school first will allow us to have a sense of classroom management before we get to the H.S
I also think that the middle school setting will give us some confidence, before we get to the high school. Don't be nervous jess at all. I have my cooperating teacher for middle school, does she have to fill out any forms or anything?
Gina do you mean as far as Student Teaching Placement? If so, she doesn't have to fill anything out, when you meet with Jack Conroy just give him her name and school. That was the info I gave him and he placed me right away. It's a lot easier when the dept.chair knows who you are and who you want to be placed with.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Kristin Savage posted a blog post

Learn a Foreign Language on Your Own with These Tips

Learning a foreign is a very complex process. And, it becomes even more difficult if you want to learn it by yourself. When you go to classes and have a trainer to teach you that language in various lessons, things are quite easy. However, if you decide to do it by yourself, you should be prepared not only for finding the ambition to keep learning that language, but also for a lot of work to prepare the right materials.You will need to be very organized and do extensive research to prepare your…See More
2 hours ago
Abdullah Al arifin posted a blog post
yesterday
Paul Steurnagel is now a member of The Educator's PLN
Saturday
Profile IconMary Howlette, Jacque Yaneff, Jocelyn Fischer and 3 more joined The Educator's PLN
Jul 16
Profile IconMarian Consumano, Kevin Schumacher, Kim Campbell and 5 more joined The Educator's PLN
Jul 13
Thomas Whitby's video was featured

Can Serendipity be Designed? | Jamie Littlefield | TEDxSaltLakeCity

Serendipitous design happens when we intentionally create the environment for happy accidents in our yards, neighborhoods, and cities. Instructional designer...
Jul 13
Thomas Whitby posted a video

Can Serendipity be Designed? | Jamie Littlefield | TEDxSaltLakeCity

Serendipitous design happens when we intentionally create the environment for happy accidents in our yards, neighborhoods, and cities. Instructional designer...
Jul 13
Sara luck replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Obviously, the future of education is very bright. New technologies like E-commerce learning, educational apps, and educational software are not just changing the mind of students, they are also encouraging them to do something new in…"
Jul 12

Awards And Nominations

© 2018   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service