The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Does anyone follow any specific hash tags for librarains in twitter?

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

I did follow aasl09 during the aasl convention, and I've followed some librarians at other conferences thru hashtags. I've had much better luck following librarians through Twitter Lists. I'm SherriLibrarian on Twitter. I've made several librarian lists and follow more.
Thanks Sherri, I will follow you too. I am @demacisaac on twitter
Anybody else feel like their Twitter Lists and those they follow is getting to be too big? I'm tempted to par my lists and those I follow way down. Maybe it's just my decluttering for 2010 frame of mind. I feel like I will be more efficient if I follow just a few people who are really active and tend to retweet the items I like.

Twitter is turning into a time-sucking vortex for me, but that may be because I have a tendency to get a bit addicted to online communities.

To add to my previous post, there will be another hashtag for ALAMidwinter, actually it's already out there. Those do seem to be big during conference time, but I'm not sure if they last over time. There is a librarians hashtag, but it may be old news as well.

The drawback to Twitter Lists for librarians is that there are so many of them, and they tend to be repetitive. I am following several librarian lists and have made a few of my own. My favorite is probably the EdTech & School Library Gurus list: http://twitter.com/#/list/SherriLibrarian/edtech-schoollibrarygurus

I also have a high school library list and a local list. I find my author list to be helpful as well.
I follow #tlchat. Actually though I've been using paper.li because I can't keep up with tweets. The only problem is that I'm out of "the conversation" and haven't been contributing!

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

David Chiles posted a status
"Friends, networkers, developing my own online courses. Feel free to any online resources for lesson plans. Thanks"
May 16
Hos-Na Salehi and David Chiles are now friends
May 4
David Chiles posted a status
"Issues with online learning exist. AI test taking is creepy to students. Read more https://bit.ly/2zchfJW"
May 4
Hos-Na Salehi is now friends with alexpipo1985@yahoo.com and Erline Sherman
May 2
Erline Sherman updated their profile
Apr 30
Profile IconLizzy Cole, Emily Collins and Alaina LaManna joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 30
Profile IconErline Sherman, stacy doyon, Faraz Hussain and 30 more joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 28
Diana Martinez liked Thomas Whitby's video
Apr 26

© 2020   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service