The personal learning network for educators
Can you imagine every student at your school or in your organization improving raeding reading skills? The Launchpad Company is starting a nationwide campaign to make a difference in how students enjoy reading. The company helps students by providing reading level using Lexile scores. A Lexile score is a measure of a student’s reading ability. The student gets to select two books that get them excited about reading each month. Right know too many students are getting books that are not at their reading level and it discourages their interest in reading. They are in the fourth grade but they are not reading at a fourth grade reading level. What if you could improve their reading ability? You could inspire your student to read more books than you have ever noticed them read.
This is how it works. When you school or organization gets parents to participate in LaunchPad the students will receive two books of their choice each month. Each month, 18-20 percent of the amount of each parent’s monthly payment goes back to the school or organization. Here are ten ways you’re your students can benefit :
1. To improve your student reading skills
2. To help them to understand math and science better
3. To improve the chances that reading will be fun
4. To know what your child’s reading skills score is
5. To improve reading as a school or organization
6. To increase the student’s motivation to stay in school
7. To increase the student’s enthusiasm about going to school
8. To significantly increase the number of books that students read
9. Your organization receives funding based on the number of students or members who read books each month
10. To help students to improve their writing skills.
Your school or organization can make a difference in the way that students are learning and excelling in your community. LauchPad has developed a unique reading initiative for K12 students . You will help your students to move to new levels achievement with the engaging books that LaunchPad is providing. To get started contact Dr. Stephen Jones at 610-842-3843. You can also visit http://www.launchpadlearning.net/wordpress/home .