With students being more conscious about budget given the rising costs of tuition and books, more and more are selling used books to replenish some money from school-related costs. In these times, textbook buyback is easier with many sites online offering to buy them from students.
Unfortunately, one of the steps involved in participating in textbook buyback online is that the books have to be packed and shipped. In a process that relies heavily on books being in good condition to be sold and appraised high, packing is a critical part wherein value of the book gets reduced if done incorrectly.
If you want to protect the books you’re shipping to an online bookstore, here are some tips on how to pack your books:
1. First and foremost, use a sturdy box, not just a cereal or shoe box. If the book will not survive the trip, then you will lose out on what you would have made out of that book.
2. Make sure that you are sending not just the book, but also all the extras that came with that book, like CDs. Make sure you keep the CDs tucked between the pages of the book to avoid breaking them.
3. Wrap the books, not with newspaper – since the ink might stain your book, but with bubble wrap or plastic wrapping to keep them protected against water or moisture during shipping.
4. Make sure that the books are packed tightly. A good way to test is to lift the book and shake it – if you hear the books moving around, then there’s way too much space inside still. Add some more bubble wrap to limit the extra space or look for a smaller box.
5. Remember to put the packing slip and label inside the books, just in case the books get out of the box during transit.
6. Lastly, wrap the edges of the box with tape, to secure it and add more protect the box. Use packing tape instead of other types of tape.
You need to be sure about how you pack books especially if you are sending them through the local post, since they will be subjected to more handling and are more susceptible to damage. Remember, the state of your package upon receipt of the bookstore means the difference between a few dollars and zero, if your book arrives in bad condition. Textbook buyback
is only successful if you end up actually selling your books, instead of just losing or damaging them.
If you’re looking for ease, convenience, hundreds of dollars of savings, or the best deals when you buy textbooks
, then Bookgator.com is the best textbook online source for you. A social BookStore like Bookgator you can Buy or sell textbooks online
, swap or trade old text books with other group members, organize your own bookshelf, and demand any book you want to read for free.