The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

I am developing a page on The Educator's PLN to offer apps and tutorials to expose educators to applications they may have heard about, but have never used. I am trying to tie each of the apps to a video tutorial. I would like you to look over the page and make suggestions in this discussion Page for additional Apps. Here is the page located under the Tutorials header on the menu bar. WEB 2.0 Apps

Views: 1377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heya Tom, I like this idea.  I will offer up any/all resources that I've created and housed at http://teachertechvids.com - those can be linked to, downloaded, shared....whatever people want to do with them.  

Steve - Thank you very much. I have added a link to "Other Education Sites" on the menu bar for your site Teacher Tech Vids.

Love the videos. Thank you so much for sharing these. Please continue! What video casting tool are you using?

Thanks Steve,

I am so excited to use your website.  I will certainly contribute as I my students and I use our new iPads that I got with my grant.

Great idea. I am looking for some useful apps that admin use during observations.

You mean whilst observing lessons?  I just write notes either in "notes" or into a teacher assessment format that we created in excel file that is loaded in iPad's app called "numbers".  

I have not seen too much in school mgmt apps out there but will let you know if I come across any good ones.

GoObserve is an app created for this purpose. I have to admit I have not tried it yet.
My own Ffynnonweb wiki has lists of iPad apps tht may be of interest. This s thenEducation list and there are 4 others to peruse as well.
http://ffynnonweb.pbworks.com/w/page/48095376/Apps%20for%20Education

Karen Janowski (karen.janowski@gmail.com) compiled a nice list. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u2F6RwodCzWj0ml6YWhTwg6Cu-cISO-...

Tom. Thanks for doing this important piece of work. Will be quite useful for folks. M

Hi Tom, I put a short list here:  http://edupln.ning.com/forum/topics/ipad-remorse

I have tons more as I always share my list with students and parents.   Please send me your email address and I can forward to you directly.

I would love that list. Please send it to bar902@gmail.com. Thank you.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Shawn Mitchell replied to Tata Nech's discussion Hey People
"i hope you are good in this time. and you can learn new things about tech & e-learning and too many things. And i want to read more blogs about it."
May 7
Shawn Mitchell replied to George Danke's discussion Integration with The Latest Technology in Education Field
"Condition is worse due to Covid we cannot go anywhere and even universities and research labs are closed. Hope the situation will be normal soon. Then we can think about something else"
Apr 29
Tata Nech posted a blog post

More Than a Sport: A Look at Scootering’s Evolution

Too many people do not have a clear idea about what is a Scooter; and much less than there is a sport based on it. Besides, it is a sport that has evolved a lot from its beginning, but if you do not know too much about the sport is hard to see it as more than a kid game.However, this sport is more than just kids and young people making scooter tricks in a square; scootering is a kind of culture and a lifestyle that has more than 20 years growing to become what it is today.For this reason, we…See More
Apr 24
Shawn Mitchell replied to Rob Schoonveld's discussion Twitter vs Edupln
"My preference is this website is best. Twitter is used for social purpose and EDUPLN is used for professional discussion which you cannot discuss on social platforms."
Apr 14
Shawn Mitchell replied to Shanshan Ma's discussion Personalized learning network and social media
"Hi, There are too many platforms of social media and the member of those platform discuss so many things and participate. So it depends only on you where do you want to discuss."
Apr 14
Shawn Mitchell replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Now a days AI is best technology to learn because it is the future."
Apr 12
Joe Silva updated their profile
Apr 11
Profile IconStuart Jones, Sarah Kiefer, Corina Gamez and 5 more joined The Educator's PLN
Apr 11

Events

© 2021   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service