The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

A while back there was a blog post from an awesome educator, Joyce Sietzinger (@catspyjamasnz) where she wanted a unique and interesting way to introduce other educators to the idea of the PLN. She created a wiki where others could upload their short video to tell others what their PLN means to them.

Here is mine...

I thought it would be a good idea for us to talk about what our PLN means to us. Perhaps you have a story where you harnessed the power of the PLN to some extent. Or maybe you want to talk about why your PLN is an important part of your growth as an educator.

Write it out, do a video, make up a song, express by whatever means what your PLN means to you!

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great video, Steven. You oughta right a book about building and using a PLN!
Great video! I'd like to request a guest speaker for your next video presentation... your daughter! :-)
Glad you posted this! I forgot to bookmark it when it was on twitter!
Everytime I see this video I think in my PLN. I mean, PNL is the capacity to see and to understand that we all are students of learning, no matter what level of "knowledge" you have. I do believe that everybody has something to learn from each other and the process of learning is continuous, a process that is never finished... and the best way to learn is to teach someone else. We sometimes are the "big squirrels" and sometimes the "little ones". I'll do a video about what my PLN is or means to me but for now this video shows how I feel about it.

Fantastic video Giselda! Nice connection.
Very clear and thoughtful explanation of PLNs Steven. You're quite right, we need to use the tools our children are using in order to make learning relevant to them. As a primary headteacher in the UK I'm keen to ensure that children's experience of learning in school dovetails with their learning out of school. For me, A PLN ensures we don't get left behind and through ongoing professional development, are able to engage with learners using the tools they relate to. This ensures schools are not a hindrance to real learning but a vital part of it.
My PLN has connected me to other teaching "adventurer-seekers" who are not afraid to go into the "dark cave" to see what resources can be found to teach, learn, and stimulate research. My PLN offers me the intellectual challenge to find even better ways to inspire my students. One of my class assignments requires that students create an "online backpack" of resources they would need for teaching, learning, and research if they were to have no ther materials for a week. Almost all of them include a social learning PLN such as Classroom 2.0. As a librarian, my PLN has bcome my chat reference, my vertical file, and my cherished archives all rolled into one network.

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Alexander Loew updated their profile
Jun 17
Shawn Mitchell replied to Janet Wilkins's discussion Essay Writing Structure!
"Essay writing is considered to be one of the most important things when it comes to writing skills, and so many students struggle with it. It’s hard for them to understand the basic essay writing structure and to help them with that, the…"
May 28
Shawn Mitchell replied to Tata Nech's discussion Hey People
"i hope you are good in this time. and you can learn new things about tech & e-learning and too many things. And i want to read more blogs about it."
May 7
Shawn Mitchell replied to George Danke's discussion Integration with The Latest Technology in Education Field
"Condition is worse due to Covid we cannot go anywhere and even universities and research labs are closed. Hope the situation will be normal soon. Then we can think about something else"
Apr 29
Tata Nech posted a blog post

More Than a Sport: A Look at Scootering’s Evolution

Too many people do not have a clear idea about what is a Scooter; and much less than there is a sport based on it. Besides, it is a sport that has evolved a lot from its beginning, but if you do not know too much about the sport is hard to see it as more than a kid game.However, this sport is more than just kids and young people making scooter tricks in a square; scootering is a kind of culture and a lifestyle that has more than 20 years growing to become what it is today.For this reason, we…See More
Apr 24
Shawn Mitchell replied to Rob Schoonveld's discussion Twitter vs Edupln
"My preference is this website is best. Twitter is used for social purpose and EDUPLN is used for professional discussion which you cannot discuss on social platforms."
Apr 14
Shawn Mitchell replied to Shanshan Ma's discussion Personalized learning network and social media
"Hi, There are too many platforms of social media and the member of those platform discuss so many things and participate. So it depends only on you where do you want to discuss."
Apr 14
Shawn Mitchell replied to Nanacy Lin's discussion Future Of Education
"Now a days AI is best technology to learn because it is the future."
Apr 12

Events

© 2021   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service